The Oklahoma Book Festival will present approximately 50-75 authors from Oklahoma and elsewhere whose books are published either in the previous (2017) or current (2018) year of the Festival. Authors of all genres are invited to apply. All invited authors will be featured either in a panel or as a solo presenter; the Festival does not feature authors for book signings only.
The Festival will feature headliner authors with ticketed events.
Criteria for submission
Please read all of the following information before submitting a book to the Festival:
To be considered for this year’s Festival, the book should be published the previous (2017) or current (2018) year of the festival.
Please send or have your publicist send the following:
- Two copies of a finished book/galley/ARC/manuscript. Electronic submissions will not be considered.
- A press kit with clippings, reviews, author bio, marketing plan for the submitted book, and list of previously published titles. A press kit may be submitted electronically.
- Topics which you are available to discuss.
- Publisher and publicist contact: email, phone, & address.
- Information about your ability, or your publisher’s ability, to fund your own travel to Oklahoma.
Please mail these items to:
Oklahoma Center for the Book
200 N.E. 18th Street
Oklahoma City, Ok 73105
When a book is selected for the Festival, the publicist or author will be contacted.
September 30, 2018
Who decides which authors are invited?
The Oklahoma Book Festival committee considers the submissions and chooses who will be invited and who will moderate.
What types of books are considered?
- Fiction–both literary and popular: thrillers, Westerns, romance, science fiction, etc.
- Narrative nonfiction: history, biography, memoir,
- Cookbooks and food-related titles
- Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Art and Architecture titles
What types of books are not considered?
Self-published books will not be accepted. The Oklahoma Book Festival focuses on the promotion of literature and Oklahoma literary culture.
We urge self-published authors to be involved in the Festival by being an Exhibitor. Be aware that the authors who participate as exhibitors are distinct from those who are invited to participate in the festival as featured authors. If you register as an exhibitor, your location and listing will be in the exhibitor section of the website and program.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-522-3383.